How Can you Avoid Hotel No Show Charges
If you have a reservation at the Box Canyon Lodge and Hot Springs but you do not show up that day and the hotel cannot resell your reserved room, you can be charged a one night fee that is equivalent to the amount of the room plus tax. To avoid being charged a No-Show fee, you need to follow proper cancellation procedures. Procedures may vary slightly by property, but, in general, if you follow these simple rules, you will not be charged:
1. Ask for a confirmation number when making your reservation. Retain this number in case you need to refer to this reservation again in the future.
2. Ask about the deadline for cancellation without penalty. You must cancel by this deadline to avoid any cancellation fees.
3. Ask for the phone number of the hotel, since it's best to call the hotel directly to make sure you are not charged. When you cancel your reservation, be sure to get the cancellation number. This number is your proof that you called and you did cancel should there be a discrepancy.
4. If you follow proper procedures and you are still charged a No-Show fee, call the hotel directly and give them your cancellation number and request that you receive a credit on your credit card on record. If you do not get the credit, protest the charge with your credit card company and typically, these charges will be reversed in your favor.
5. At the Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs, you can read our cancellation policy on the FAQ page.