Ouray County Events - Ridgway : Balloons and Vrooms
Ridgway, known as the Gateway to the San Juan Mountains, located in Southwest Colorado, welcomes the 8th Annual Balloons and Vrooms Festival at the Ridgway Town Park and to the field at the stop light along US 550. This is such a dramatic event with numerous balloons taking off in the early morning sunshine. This event takes place May 6, May 7, and May 8, 2011.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Friday, May 6
- “Lift-Off” Cocktail Party (pilots & sponsors) - 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- Live Music in the Park - 6:00 - 9:00
- Hot-Air Balloon Glow at dusk
Saturday, May 7
- Mass Balloon Lift (pilots & sponsors): HWY 550 behind Remax - approx. 7:00 a.m.
- Tethered Balloon Rides (weather permitting) - 7:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- “Pajamas-N-Pancakes” Breakfast - 8:00 - 10.00
- Arts & Crafts Vendors, Food & Beer stands - 9:00 - 7:00
- Classic Car Show - 10:00 - 4:00
- Live Bands all day!
Sunday, May 8 (Mother's Day)
- Mass Balloon Lift (pilots & sponsors): HWY 550 behind Remax - approx. 7:00 a.m
The Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs makes a great place to stay while attending the event. Soaking in our all natural hot springs after the morning ascension warms cold toes so you can enjoy the remaining festivities in the afternoon.
Other events in the area can be found on the calendar.