Ridgway State Park: Lake Appreciation Day - July 16, 2011
Ridgway State Park is located 15 minutes north of Ouray just off of US Highway 550 between Montrose and Ridgway. It houses three great camping locations, some yurts for rent, as well as the 1000 surface-acre reservoir. Ridgway State Park offers many activities for young and old including fishing, hiking, biking, walking, boating, kayaking, swimming, and more.
Lake Appreciation Day:
The 3rd Annual Lake Appreciation Day will take place on July 16, 2011 at Ridgway Reservoir.
- It will run from 10 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon.
- There will be swimming, concessions, educational opportunities, H2O Joe, a nature walk, a boat tour and many more fun activities.
- This year it will be part of the National Lets Move Outside Campaign started by Michelle Obama to help combat childhood obesity.
- It has been sponsored by Tri-County Water Conservancy and Friends of Ridgway State Parks.
- It would be great to have you there. Come down to the reservoir and Appreciate the Lake with us.