Don Harrington Memorial Charity Horseback Ride - in Ouray 9/24/2011
Spend the day experiencing the beauty of fall in the San Juans on horseback while supporting a local charity!
The Ouray Elks Lodge would like to announce their upcoming 26th Annual “Ride for Charity.” The Ouray Elks Lodge “Ride for Charity” was originated by Don Harrington and Bob Wilson kept the tradition going for years. The ride is now referred to as the Don Harrington Memorial Charity Horseback Ride. This year’s horseback ride will be a 3+ hour event on September 24th sponsored by Sherry Petersen doing business as Ouray Livery. We will begin approximately six (6) miles north of Ouray, head straight up the mountain, turn left and travel through some of Colorado’s most beautiful country using the old railroad grade. Lunch will be served after the ride back at the Ouray Elks Lodge #492 historical building located on Main Street.
All charity pledges raised by our riders are used exclusively for our Youth Programs in the form of College Scholarships, Youth Drug Awareness Program, Easter Egg Hunt, Santa Claus Program, Haunted House, in addition to our Building Fund and local charity account. Among other things, our Charity Account assists local youth with special needs, i.e., glasses, verbal therapy, emergency dental work or medical assistance.
What you should know:
- ·Information - for more information contact Manette Steele at (970) 325-0095. Rental horses are available.
- ·Registration - all participants must pre-register to participate and get the packet of information
- ·Elks - you do not have to be an Elk member to participate
- ·Awards will be presented to qualified riders once they have handed in their pledges
- Minimum of $100 donation is requested but not required from all riders
* “I Survived the 26th Annual Charity Horseback Ride” T-shirt awarded to those that bring in $100+ in donations
For a fun-filled day in the saddle and a chance to make new friends, consider joining this 26 Year Tradition on the Elks Charity Ride.
Happy trails and we look forward to having you join us.
Manette Steele lives and works in Ouray, Colorado. Not only is she a devoted member of the Ouray Elks Lodge #492 she has also served as Exalted Ruler twice and held the position of District Deputy Grand Exalted Ruler for Southwest Colorado.